Policing, Crime investigation & Offender Management
Chris Miller, Former ACC of Hertfordshire Police, UK
2005-2008 Promoted to Detective Chief Superintendent Hertfordshire CID. Managed 300 staff and a budget of £20m.
Developed the most advanced collaborative policing unit in the country (The Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Team)
2003-2005 Hertfordshire Constabulary. Managed 100 staff and £7m budget. Ran the Hertfordshire Murder team. Redesigned it to form a professional unit, saving 40% on its budget and paving the way for the Collaborative unit (example 3) that I designed two years later.
Having retired in 2011 Chris now uses technology to improve policing through rehabilitation and prevention of crime.
Dr. Keith Ashcroft, Forensic Investigator
Provides psychological reports in both civil and criminal cases and gives evidence in Court,by the Crown and Appeal Courts, Sheriff Courts and the High Court of Justiciary throughout Scotland; and by the Crown Prosecution Service, including the Complex Casework Unit, The Royal Court of Jersey, and criminal defence lawyers.
Listed in the ‘Directory of Expert Witness’ which is maintained by the British Psychological Society, the representative body for psychologists in the UK, and has Chartered Psychologist status. He was awarded full Chartered Scientist status by the Science Council. He is also a full member of the British Association for Cognitive Neuroscience; The International Academy for Investigative Psychology.
He has expertise in a variety of interview technologies to determine malingering and deception, which include: forensic psychophysiology, Silent Talker (Artificial intelligence-based classification of non-verbal behaviours – facial microgestures) in criminal, clinical and employment cases. His expertise also includes body language and non-verbal communication, including presenting on these subjects.
Emerging Market & Hostile Environment Risk and Security Management
Simon Jones, Former British Military; Land & Maritime Security Industry SME
Simon Jones provides Risk and Security Management expertise to the Oil, Gas & Extractives Industries as well as Ports, Shipping, Off-shore Logistics and Supply Chain sectors. He is a Consultant and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Risk Management and Mitigation, including Post-Incident Investigation & Analysis to Underwriters in the Lloyd’s Insurance Market.
Extensive experience and knowledge of Business Continuity, delivery and implementation management across the Far East, Middle East, Africa and Central South America; in some of the worlds most hostile environments has included operational planning, implementation and delivery of critical requirements. The provision of Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain integrity and protective security in High Risk locations that include, but are not limited to Somalia, Nigeria, Southern Sudan, Congo, Libya, Colombia, Venezuela, Haiti, Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.
Providing support to Land & Maritime Legal investigations, as well as critical response, contingency planning and extraction protocols to clients, to ensure business continuity, the preservation of life and asset integrity in high risk areas.
- 2005 Lloyds List Award winner.
- Represented Nation States at UN, UN CGPCS, IMO and EU forums.
- 2011 to 2013 Inaugural Chairman of the UK Government industry partners ADS/SCEG (Security in Complex Environment Group) - Maritime Security Working Group (MSWG).
- Chaired the design and delivery of the UK Gov Maritime Security Anti-Piracy Guidelines for Armed Security Teams.
- Chaired the Working Group for delivery of the UK Guidelines to IMO for the development of the ISO 28007 Standard.
- 2013 - Present - Chairman of the British Standards Institute SME/32/-/14 Anti-Piracy Committee, responsible for the delivery of subject matter expertise for the UK as part of the international standards panel.
- Consultant SME for multiple Media Outlets including Sky, Al Jazeera, Channel 5, BBC, ITV, Fox News, NBC and CNN.